Reasons you should care about Child Sexual Abuse:
- The most likely candidates to abuse your children are people you wouldn’t expect. People like relatives, babysitters, etc who have developed trust relationships with them.
- Abduction is not something that happens to other people. It happens to people who don’t think it will happen to them and their children.
- If you’re a church, you need your children’s ministry to be a safe and secure area, with as much transparency, accountability and safety protocol as possible.
- God cares about it! (See the Scriptures below)
- Children who have been sexually abused are the most likely to become abusers themselves so quality care, like what The Firecracker Foundation provides, is essential.
- 1 out of 4 women have been sexually abused, as have many men. This means that you all know victims of sexual abuse. If you aren’t aware of the problem, how will they ever be able to turn to you for love, care, grace and support?
We are doing a “Pie Party” to fight against child sexual abuse on Wednesday May 7th from 5-7pm at the downtown Lansing Grand Traverse Pie Co., which I invite you to join us for if you’re in the area. See below for the origins of this party, and click here to RSVP to the Facebook event. Continue Reading…