I recently attended an “Understanding Racism” workshop and will be posting some related material soon. With the sensitivity of the subject, I want to make sure I have my thoughts in order before posting. In the meantime, (be brave…) please share your opinion in the comment section (not on Facebook for this one). I’d like to get an idea of the pulse of some readers. Here are some ground rules and some potential questions to respond to:
- Feel free to post anonymously if you’d like
- If your post is intentionally offensive, it will be immediately deleted
- Please post your race and/or ethnicity
- Q: Do you think racism is an issue in America today? If no, when do you think it “ended”?
- Q: What did you learn in school about racism in your history classes?
- Q: How do you respond if you hear racism being brought up in the Church? (as an issue the Church needs to actively fight against)
- Q: Do you think there is such a thing as “white privilege”?
- Q: What does “racial reconciliation” mean / look like to you? Does it still need to happen or has it already happened?
- Q: Can you give examples of how you’ve been negatively affected by racism?
- Q: Are there any ways you contribute or have contributed to racism?
- Q: Are there ways you have benefited from racism?
- Q: Are there differences between personal racism and societal/systemic racism?
- Feel free to give thoughts on any other similar types of themes
You don’t need to try to answer them all, just want to set the table with some things to get your thoughts churning. Please give a reply in the Disqus comments below, even if it’s brief, as I’d love to hear what you think. And again, please post anonymously if you feel uncomfortable about the subject.
Latest posts by Noah Filipiak (see all)
- FINAL EPISODE: Noah’s new job, pornography, Does God hate people? - October 16, 2018
- Reflections on my New Position with Covenant Eyes & Crossroads Church - October 15, 2018
- How Life Becomes More Fulfilling Without Watching Porn - October 2, 2018